ABC Preschool Library & READBox
Reading is an integral part of your child's daily routine while at ABC Preschool. One of our goals is to foster a love of reading for our students, and encourage preschoolers to enjoy looking through books on their own after they've been read to.
We also encourage parents to read daily to their child to build stronger relationships, build your child's vocabulary and reading skills. Reading to your child also helps them develop concentration abilities, empathy for others, and allows your child's imagination to soar.
One way we help parents is through our READBox. Like the REDBox movie kiosk, your family can "rent" a book, but for one week FREE! From picture books, fiction and nonfiction, to emergent reading books and audio books, there's something for every level of reader in our READBox.
((Some audio files are not the best quality, since transferred from cassette tape)):
- The Bremen-Town Musicians retold by Grimm by Ruth Belov Gross (Scholastic, Inc., 1982)
- Draw Me a Star by Eric Carle (Scholastic, Inc. 1993)
- Frog and Toad All Year by Arnold Lobel (Harper & Row Publishers, Inc., 1976)
- Happy Birthday, Moon by Frank Asch (Scholastic, Inc., 1982)
- Imogene's Antlers by David Small (Scholastic, Inc. 1985)
- Leo the Late Bloomer by Robert Kraus (Scholastic, Inc. 1990)
- Miss Nelson is Missing by Harry Allard (Scholastic, Inc., 1977)
- Skyfire by Frank Asch (Scholastic, Inc., 1984)
- Tumble Bumble by Felicia Bond (Scholastic, Inc. 1997)
- What Mommies Do Best/What Daddies Do Best by Laura Numeroff (Scholastic, Inc., 2000)